The focus of the Healthy Neighborhood Program is to conduct community surveys for the purpose of identifying public health issues in the home, and providing guidance accordingly. Specific goals of this program are to:
- Prevent childhood lead poisoning
- Improve the health and quality of life of people with asthma
- Improve indoor air quality and reduce related illnesses
- Reduce the number of residential fires, related injuries and fire deaths
- Reduce the impact of tobacco use
Any resident who wishes to have a survey done can call 518-765-3512 to schedule a home visit.