To enhance the health and well-being of Rensselaer County residents by providing integrated health programs through the formation of partnerships and unified goals among organizations in the community. We will collaboratively build awareness through traditional and nontraditional promotion of wellness.
Keeping our community healthy by providing essential public health services.
- Prevent Chronic Disease
- Promote Well-Being and Prevention of Mental Health and Substance Use Disorders
- Prevent Communicable Diseases
Rensselaer County Department of Health Clinic Hours
1600 7th Ave. Troy, NY 12180
- 2pm-4pm -IMMUNIZATION CLINIC
- 2pm-4pm - PPD Placement (Tuberculin)
- STD CLINIC/HIV SCREENING (BY APPOINTMENT ONLY; PLEASE CALL 518-270-2655)
- 2pm-4pm - IMMUNIZATION CLINIC
- 2pm-4pm - PPD Readings (Tuberculin)
CLINICS ARE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
***REQUIRED*** Must have the most updated copy of immunization records and insurance card at the time of service and be a Rensselaer County Resident.
We will be offering COVID-19 Vaccines at all immunization clinics
Please note that the HVCC COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic on Wednesday has closed. For COVID-19 vaccines, please come to the Immunization Clinic at 1600 7th Avenue, Troy NY 12180 every Tuesday and Thursday between 2:00 PM and 4:00 PM.
Appalachian Save-A-Life Day
On September 14th, Rensselaer County Department of Health will be partnering for the Appalachian Save-A-Life Day to increase access to Narcan throughout the states that are in the Appalachian Region. We will be out in the community between 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM at the following locations:
- September 20, 2023
- 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM
This meeting will be focused on how legislation can play a role in overdose prevention. To register, please use this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3WM62D7
For more information on the Heroin Coalition, please find this link helpful: https://www.rensco.com/326/Rensselaer-County-Heroin-Coalition
- October 14, 2023
- 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- Schodack Highway Garage: 3776 United States Route 20, Nassau, NY 12123
- Cats and dogs are welcome!
- Please bring prior proof of past rabies vaccination with you. Dogs must be on a leash and cats must be in a crate/carrier.
- If you have any questions, please reach out to Kim Rivas at 518-270-2643
- To register, please use this link: https://apps2.health.ny.gov/doh2/applinks/cdmspr/2/counties?DateID=03ABB71374A60142E0630A6C7C162E00