The Rensselaer County Sheriff’s Office is currently seeking lateral transfers* to fill current Deputy Sheriff/Highway Patrol vacancies.
Salary range: $55,164 – $72,498**
Some of the benefits include:
- 20-year retirement plan
- 12 paid holidays (annually)
- 5 personal days (annually)
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- Shift differential pay
- Rotating pass days (Every 3rd weekend off)
- Longevity stipend
- Education stipend
- Tuition assistance program
- Criminal Investigations Unit
- SRO (School Resource Officer)
- ESU (Emergency Services Unit)
- CNT (Crisis Negotiation Team)
- Accident investigation/reconstruction
- ET (Evidence Technician)
- FTO (Field Training Officer)
**The starting salary of a lateral transfer will be based on the Deputy Sheriff’s pay scale per the PBA contract in correlation to the individual’s years of service; per PBA contract salary schedule, max pay achieved upon completion of year six (6).
Additionally, five (5) vacation days will be credited to the lateral transfer upon swearing in and additional vacation time will be accrued as per the PBA contract.
Resumes can be emailed to email@example.com
Additional inquiries can be made to Deputy Kyle Bourgault at 518-266-1986.
(*Candidates must be a NYS certified Police Officer and have completed their probationary period to be eligible for consideration.)