Rensselaer County Department of Health has clinics for the following:
- Adult immunizations
- Childhood immunizations
- Pneumonia and flu immunizations
Please visit our Clinic Schedule page for the days/times of adult and child immunization clinics. For more questions or more information about our immunization services please call 518-270-2655.
Travel vaccines and information are also provided to children and adults who have international travel plans. Call 518-270-2647 to learn more about the travel vaccine services available.
Important travel vaccine reminders:
- Typhoid vaccines require a physicians prescription and is administered at scheduled Immunization clinic times
- You must call for a phone consultation to assess your travel vaccine needs, and may need to schedule an appointment
- Please try to schedule an appointment 4 to 6 weeks before your trip because some vaccines have to be given in a series, and it takes time for most vaccines to work
- If you have less than 4 weeks before your trip, you should call us for a phone consultation; there may be some shots or medications that you will still be able to get depending on your travel area
- Yellow Fever vaccine is NOT offered at RCDOH. For this vaccine, please reach out to Passport Health at 855-729-2479.
- For more information on travel vaccines, please see the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Traveler's Health page